Friday, November 7, 2008

I (heart) Fridays!

I had a terrific walk today. I am sweatier than ever and feel fabulous. It has been so warm here this past week, all of my gym shorts are in the dirty clothes. I had to wear pants, but it is even warmer today than the past few days, so I opted for my ultra thin, jammie like, I heart Jets pants. They are too long, and now too loose, but are cooler than my other options. I ran my first sprint, walked the next three, and was about to run my final sprint, when a young girl waiting for the bus said, "You have a heart on your butt, do you love someone?" I answered, "Yes, I love lots of people." She replied, " You must also love you because you are walking so fast." I thanked her and had to run. I heard her yell, "Run, girl, run." I felt so warm inside. I ran my 5th sprint, and decided that I do love myself and I speed-walked a 6th. I have been in a funk mostly due to school stuff, but her young voice pulled me out of it.

I have been losing about a pound a day for almost a week. I hope to continue that for awhile, but I know it will get tougher and tougher. I have lost so many inches, especially around my belly, and feel healthier almost every day. I need to take care of myself. This morning I told Roger I may wait until after class to walk today. I realized if I waited, I risked talking myself out of it. I left with him for work. He said he was impressed that I have kept up this long (not missing a single day) and said he would have stopped before now. That made me feel strong. I am strong, I just have to be reminded of it sometimes.

No comments: