Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weighed Down Legs

Today on my walk my feet and calves felt like they were filled with lead. Heavy. I made my walk and am proud to say that I cover much more distance in the same amount of time as last Sunday. Progress, I love it. I am feeling good that I have been faithful to this routine. It hasn't been easy. Sunday morning TV and a warm blanket sounded good today. But, I pull myself up and work it out.

My walks have been a sort of therapy for me as well. I have solved many problems on these walks and can honestly say that my mind is clear of emotional clutter. It helps to sweat it out. Life changes all the time and I just go with the flow. It works out pretty well, with only a few minor disasters.

My eating has been so poor. I need to get that on track. I'll get there. I need to find a pedometer to measure my distances. I won't drive the distance to track it that, that is environmental idiotism if ever there were one...walking, then driving the same path. I'm trying to lower my carbon footprint, not increase it.

It was windy, it still is windy, today. I stuck mostly to the inside streets. I started out cold, but warmed up quickly. I'm walking faster and feeling better every day.

Roger told me I was walking too fast yesterday. That made me proud of myself.

No comments: