Tuesday, February 10, 2009

3 Months to Maui

I don't have crazy expectations that I'll lose tons of weight in the next three months, but I would like to have some extra stamina while in Hawaii. We'll be hiking and snorkeling and walking and all sorts of things and I want to keep up and enjoy myself. I am motivated to ramp up my workouts. I've walked every day for quite a while, but want to be able to do lots and lots. With my schedule, I have the time, so it's time to take advantage of that and get on the ball. I will say this...burpees/squat thrusts were difficult in high school, but with 20+ years and 100 extra pounds...they fucking suck. I did almost 15 in a minute and am proud. Can't wait to improve upon that. Time to go old school...boot camp/high school gym conditioning style. I did 8 regular push-ups and another 15 on my knees, though. Feeling good and ready to go for more. I'm dripping in sweat and smiling...good combination!

No comments: